Monday, October 24, 2011

Blog Post 5: PDP

Post your complete PDP

My Professional Development Plan- This includes how I plan to finish my undergraduate degree and start a graduate degree.

Assessment of skills and talents
  • Easy to talk to
  • Personality Test (ENFJ)
  • Adaptability
  • Ideation
  • Achiever

Values and interests

The things that I value the most in life are spending quality time with people that are close to me such as family and friends, my education, and my faith.



  • Purpose/Mission- I intend on becoming a Physical Therapist by the age of 25.
  • Short Term Goals- Attend a Student Affairs Conference in Wisconsin Dells on October 21 and 22 in order to learn new innovative ways on how to secure a Graduate Assistantship with the school I hopefully get accepted to for Physical Therapy. Also to attend the Oshkosh Placement Exchange conference this year on March 1st-4th in order to set up some interviews with potential employers for the grad internship. 
  •  1 year time- I plan to be in Graduate school either at the University of New England in Maine or University Glendale in Arizona. Along with that I hope to acquire a graduate assistantship with the school that I get accepted too. Also become more in depth and knowledgeable about the APTA, which is the American Physical Therapy Association.
  • 5 year plan- Be out of graduate school and working in a physical therapy department. Could be at an out patient facility or a sports clinic. Would be really sweet to be working as a physical therapist in Alaska.
  • How to do that- Already took the G.R.E and applied to these schools, however getting an "A" in all my classes this semester would help. Attending more Conferences like the one in the Dells. Make contact with a couple of important people. Continue to develop networking practices.
  • Back-up Plan- If I do not get accepted to a school this year I will be looking for other jobs. If I have to do this I will be looking for jobs that are related to the DNR field.
  • Skills I posses- I have great communication and leadership skills that I have acquired over the years of being a Resident Advisor and Assistant Athletic Trainer here at Stout. I am a peoples person and have a very positive charisma about me.      
  • Walls that I may need to overcome- If I do not get accepted into a DPT program this year then I will need to find a temporary job. However statistics would be working against me when I say I would re-apply for graduate school in 2013. If I found a job that I like other than physical therapy I might just stick with that instead of pursuing a DPT.
  • However with all this said ultimately I hope to live a happy life, married with a couple of children just living life out to its fullest no matter what career path I choose or what country or state I am living in.



Plan on graduating from the University of Wisconsin Stout with an Applied Science, Interdisciplinary science concentration, with a minor in health and fitness in May 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment