Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blog Post 14: Implementing a Lean Process

Based on our discussion in class today, implement and document a quality improvement process to the project/situation in which you performed a 5S process. This implementation must be based on the muda listed on the lean manufacturing wiki site. (note: there are several additional more modern types that you could utilize if need be)
For the documentation, list/describe the waste you have identified and explain the process change you have implemented. Either collect some data that demonstrate your improvement, or realistically estimate the effect that your improvement will have on your process

In order to more effectively utilize the 5s process I will now incorporate a lean process to make it even more efficient. I decided to base mine on the muda of Transport. Transport as defined by Wiki includes, "moving products that are not actually required to perform the processing." The process that my desk is used by me for is to work on homework. Before I began my 5s process I was very disorganized as one can see in the picture on blog number 12. My desk was cluttered with all sorts of things including a remote control helicopter. I do not know how that ended up on my work

No comments:

Post a Comment